Several questions about QUBO problem resolution

I have several questions about Quandela’s way of solving a QUBO problem:

-Finally, still considering this : (1) I don’t understand how to choose the optimal configuration : in this specific case, we can see why the others don’t match : but in general, I don’t know how we could distinguish the other configurations, especially if the system return two different states in high majority in two different configurations.

Thank you in advance

Hello,

The algorithm is meant to work on every problem expressed as QUBO, given the matrix describing it. For the initial parameters, the values from the original paper (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.09766.pdf) are random values. You could see the same in VQE algorithms. You can have some freedom though and, for the hackathon challenge 2022, the participants decided to use that over a random initial vector.

The goal of the challenge was to use and explore QUBO to solve the shortest path. Indeed, you can apply VQE also or any other suitable algorithm to solve the use case.

Finally, for the different states that the algorithm returns, the original paper referenced before mentions the explanation for it. It is related to the output states that one can reach with the specific input tried and it leads to multiple states to compare.

Okay, thank you for your answer !